Monday, September 1, 2008

Graduation!

Happy Labor Day! Today we had no school, no work and a lot of lounging around! This weekend was my birthday/graduation party and it was a lot of fun. I had all sort of students come from college, neighbors and friends outside of school. My party started at 4pm and it lasted until about 11pm. I really enjoyed myself and it was great to see that people cared to come and see me on my special day.

Many SGA students feel that Berkley should have 2 graduations. I am graduating in 08 but I won’t walk graduation until 09. All my graduation props will say 09 and it just won’t be the same because I graduated in 08. Because graduation costs may be high due to renting out the place etc maybe it would be a good alternative to allow students who will be likely to pass that year. For example for the past 10 quarters I have always gotten honor roll and chances are I will not fail a class before my graduation. It would be nice if we could walk the graduation in April since I will be graduating in September.

At Student Government I am slowly starting to run out of things to talk about. We have accomplished a lot of things in the past year and I hope we keep on doing a great job. I don’t want to plan too much into the future because I will not be here and I want the future president to do as he/she pleases and not have to still run off of things I planned. This week we have a meeting with other campuses and Berkeley staff to talk about the things that we think Berkeley needs from a student standpoint. We have been planning this meeting for a very long time and we are happy to see it come together for the last time before I leave.

It will be very hard to leave everyone I know and the SGA that I helped to build. I guess it’s a process of moving on and starting fresh. I hope that I can always come back and help them out whenever they need me.

No comments: