Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It's My Birthday!!!

Today is a beautiful day because it is my BIRTHDAY!!! This year flew by and I have no idea where the time has gone. I remember when I was a child and waiting for Christmas felt like forever and now a year just flies by like nothing. I heard that the older you are the faster time goes because a year is such a smaller part of your life. For example when your five one year is 1/5 of your life versus when your 50 it’s only 1/50 of your life which is a lot smaller of a piece. I can just imagine what people in their 90’s feel like! They must blink and the year is gone.

Anyway, yesterday at SGA I was pleasantly surprised with cupcakes, flowers and a bracelet made out of beads from SGA. It was very nice of them to do that and it put a BIG smile on my face. At the meeting students were very interested in what happened at the Leadership follow-up meeting and we were happy to tell them. The most important things we mentioned were the transportation, meal plans, and our conversation with the Berkeley COO. Needless to say they were very thrilled that the word is getting out there and some changes may be made.

Today at the Garret Mountain campus we are making jewelry! We have been working to collect donations for JDRF for the walk in November. Today students who want to make jewelry have to give us a donation and then they can make anything they want. This event will be really fun because people really like to do crafty things at this campus. The weather is perfect today so it will be really nice to spend time with my classmates. It’s so sad knowing that it’s the last few days I am here but as with everything else “To every end, there is a new beginning”.

No comments: