Friday, August 22, 2008

Busy Bee!

It’s the end of the week and I have so much outstanding work that I don’t even want to think about it. It’s not that I have been lazy but I had so much other work to do this week that everything just build up. I have become part of a new company where I am training to become a Financial Educator which has been taking a decent amount of my time. On Wednesday I had a follow-up Leadership meaning with all the students of SGA which took all morning but it was a great time invested. I am covering for someone at work so I did not have all Thursday like I normally do to do my work.

On Tuesday Dr. Cortes kept his word came to our SGA meeting. He came promptly at 4:30 and was able to stay until 5pm to speak to us. The students were very happy to see him because it’s important that he stays involved with the students. When we talked about issues such as the meal plans daily budget he explained things to us where we can now understand why some things are done the way they are. What we have been trying to do is give students a daily budget for meal plans instead of a budget per meal. What was explained to us that the reason this is the way it is, is because the school has a contract with a food company and they cannot have everyone skipping breakfast and buying lunch because then they may run out of lunch. It made sense to us after we were explained this concept.

Something I never knew about Berkeley was that Berkeley now owns Dover College! When I was at school on Wednesday I saw this huge picnic festival going on at the campus and it raised my curiosity as to what was going on. Well I went to talk to the students and they told me they’re from Dover College and they got invited to this picnic as a welcoming get together. They had a dunk tank, food, a person who did portraits, volleyball and many other things. It was a very nice event and the food smelled good!

No comments: