Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Connection!

Great news! I got a new laptop. Ok, so maybe it’s great news for me, but now I can tell you how great Berkeley’s wireless connection is. Today I brought my computer to school for the first time for a trial run. I am the least computer savvy person you will ever meet, so I knew I should go to the library for my first run. Once I got there I started it up, and of course I couldn’t figure it out so I went to the front desk and the woman helped me log in. I was so thrilled it worked! Berkeley College has wireless everywhere so later on when I went to the cafeteria to eat some food, I was still able to chat online with friends.
After I ate, I went back into the library because the air-conditioning in the cafeteria was so strong that I could not sit there any longer. Remember that big paper I had to write for International Marketing? Well, after a weekend of doing nothing but procrastinating and doing homework, I finally got it done, totaling 13 pages single spaced. Come to find out I have totally forgotten about the presentation that was due today as well. So around 5pm, I started making a short PowerPoint presentation to help me present my project.
So 6pm rolls around, and I go to class. As usual we don’t start till about 15 minutes after because everyone slowly strolls in late. When the professor started to speak, he somewhat upset me. He let some students slide with out having to hand in the paper until next week! I worked all weekend to try and get that paper done, as well as rush my presentation so that I can have it there on time, only to find out some students didn’t have to. Maybe I’m just acting childish but I don’t believe that’s fair.
Tomorrow is the big day for the International Business Club. We are having our Movie and Pizza Day! I printed out the posters and went to Ms. Tripp to get them approved so that I could distribute them. I put many on the cafeteria tables as well as on the bill board, but I noticed today that all of the ones from the tables were gone! This means that I will have to get to school extra early tomorrow and try to print more before the rest of the students get there. I asked Mr. Maher if he could get the message out on Blackboard, but I didn’t realize he sent me an e-mail back asking me what movie we were showing until today. Because of this the message did not get posted, so I hope that we will still have a good turnout after all.
The weeks are rolling by, and now we are already at the end of week 10. The other day I went to look at new classes that are offered in the summer time once again to review everything. They now display the classes in a better way than in the past. You can now view which classes are filled, and which are still available. This is convenient because now you don’t have to waste your time making a schedule that won’t work. I only had one problem with it. I noticed an online class I was interested in taking and it was not yet filled. So the next morning I rushed to the Advisement department so that I could get the class, to find out that the class is being only offered to the online students. They need to come up with a way to show which classes are available for everyone versus ones for online students only. It got my hopes up, but maybe next quarter I can catch the class again! Only 2 more weeks left, I can’t wait for my break to start!

No comments: