Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Essays!

Finals week is slowly approaching once again. It seems like all the work is piling up all at once, but I know it’s my procrastination that’s to blame. This weekend I am taking off from all my usual activities to work on my final papers and all the work that will be due next week.

For my International Marketing class, I am excited about doing the final paper because I feel that I will be able to learn a lot from it as well as have fun at the same time. The professor went over a lot of information last class that I can use for the project as well as worked one on one with each student to help them out. The project that we have to do is create an International Marketing Plan for a product and company of our choice. The company I have chosen is Pepsi. I chose this company because it is a large company and I think can have a lot potential in different countries. Since I have always been interested in New Zealand, I want to advertise my product in that country. I have not yet come up with a product, but I hope that an idea will come to be soon!

In addition to the International Marketing Plan, I also have to write a paper on NuVim. NuVim is a health drink that boosts your immune system, as well as helps your muscles and bones. Our professor introduced us to this product by bringing in a speaker into the classroom that is responsible for the Lipton/Pepsi partnership as well as the inventor of NuVim. I already have some ideas on the ad posters I can make, but the essay part of the project I will work on this weekend.

The International Business Club is working hard on setting everything up for the Movie and Pizza Day. I wrote an e-mail to Mr Maher about posting the event on Blackboard, and he was very helpful to me in the process. We got our movie on hold for next week and as far as I know, the Multimedia Room has been booked for the day of the event. All I need to do now is get a hold of Patricia Tripp so that she can help me arrange the budget and make orders for the pizza and drinks. I am very excited in doing this event because everyone in the club has been working very hard to make the event successful. Our posters look great and everyone is excited!

No comments: