Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Zootopia!

I mentioned I would be attending the Z100 Zootopia concert in my past blogs, well last Friday I finally had the chance to go. I’m not sure why we had to be there so early, but the winner of the Z100 contest at school and I were advised that the limousine will be leaving the campus at 2pm when the main show did not start till 7pm and the doors did not open till 6pm. We arrived there at about 3pm and as we were pulling up, we missed one of the pre shows. I could not believe how much of a temperature change it was coming from Garret Mountain, NJ to Long Island NY. It was extremely windy, chilly, and it sprinkled some rain. Despite the bad weather, we didn’t let it get to us.

There were some booths set up around the pre show area which we visited that had samples and information on products from Zootopia sponsors, we even ran into the Berkeley College booth. I got really excited because I ran into my friend Monica that I met back in February when I went to the Leadership Retreat in Baltimore, Maryland. She goes to a different campus, so I had not seen her since the trip. The Berkeley College booth was giving away information about the school as well as giving away free lip balms. Thank goodness for that, because that day I forgot mine and my lips where chapped from the cold wind!

Walking around from booth to booth took up about an hour of our time, and then we went inside of the building to hide from the cold and kill two more hours. Luckily one of the booths were giving out In Touch magazines, so at least reading something made the time go a little faster. At 6pm the doors finally opened and we went to our seats. Even though our seats were on the upper level, we had a pretty good view of the stage. When the show started at 7 the place was not as filled as I thought it would be but I heard once the show started they gave away a lot of free tickets at the door.

The lineup consisted of Daughtry, Hillary Duff, Rhianna, Fergie, Maroon 5, Robin Thicke, Omarion, Katherine McPhee, Hinder, and Gym Class Heroes. My favorite performers were Hillary Duff and Rhianna since both of them currently have songs out that I really enjoy listening to. Each performer did about three songs which was nice. One of the ladies of the Z100 morning show had a birthday so Roin Thicke sang Happy Birthday to her which was very nice of him.

The show ended at 11pm, but we left around 10:30 since the limo driver called us to let us know that he was there to pick us up. We also wanted to leave a bit early so that we don’t run into the whole crowd coming out all at the same time in the end. Overall the show was really great, and we all had a great time. It was a nice experience and maybe I will do it again next year.

No comments: