Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Summer Quarter is Coming

I have not yet had a chance to go make my summer schedule, but I’ll try to go today and get it done. I have class at 6, but if I get to school early, I may be able to get it done if the line isn’t too long. I usually like to get to school early on my night class days because it’s easier to find a parking spot, as well as review some things for other classes in the computer labs.

The international business club is doing well, and we’ll have a meeting tomorrow to speak about other activities that we can possibly do for the following quarter. We were thinking of doing a BBQ with the accounting club, but walking around the campus I noticed some other club that has already planned something along those lines. We could possibly do something like that in the summer or the fall, but for this quarter I don’t believe the idea is going to work. We still think that we’ll try and pull off our game show ideas, but because this will take a lot of planning and organizing, it may take a few weeks to accomplish that.

I’ve been thinking of possibly having the club meet more than just once a week so that planning things isn’t so hard by having to cram everything into one meeting. The only problem with meeting more than once a week would be to try and get everyone together since everyone has such different schedules. During activity period everyone is usually off from class and has a short break at the same time, therefore it’s not as hard to make that happen if scheduled around that time.

Recently I have been thinking of starting a Marketing Club. I’m not exactly sure how I would go about that yet, but I think it would be a good opportunity for many students in the Marketing major. In this club, we could help other clubs market their club to get students to join, make advertisements, help them create different marketing tactics and make their club successful.

In addition to helping out our students and other clubs, we could also market ourselves to local businesses and help them advertise for free. Most small businesses don’t have a marketing department, therefore getting free services from college students can be very beneficial to them. This would give marketing majors, as well as other people who would like to join the club, experience in the marketing field and the knowledge of how things work in the real world. I will have to find Mr. Maher and speak to him about this since it could be a great experience for me, and other Berkeley College students.

Finally, there are less than four days left until Zootopia, and I’m very excited! I have finally found out the name of the other winner of the two tickets, but I’m not sure if I know the person from just hearing their name. I’m waiting for an e-mail to let me know the time that we have to be at the school for the limo to pick us up. I hope everything works out well, and that we have a great time.

1 comment:

ee said...

Most clubs have BBQs during the warm months of the year. Why not try something different like a fair or some type of fiesta? Maybe some type of international food "gathering" to publicly open your new Marketing Club?

Who knows... I'm just throwing in ideas here! :)