Friday, May 11, 2007

New Classes Already!

Well, that time has come again to select new classes for the upcoming summer quarter. Yesterday I went onto Blackboard and printed out the times and days of all the classes being offered next quarter. I’ve decided to take four classes over the summer because it fits well into my schedule. Once again I decided to take two night classes and two day classes. This will give me some free time to lay by the pool and relax before classes. I was hoping that I would be able to take some classes online but I found out that they are already all filled up! It seems like in the summer time there is less of a class selection. Now that I am getting closer to graduation, the classes that I need are becoming very specific, and soon it will become very hard to schedule classes.

We have finally got a date for our pizza and a movie day. It’s going to be on June 6th because all of the Wednesdays for this month are already taken up for different events. Last week I was unable to get to the meeting because I had to take care of a different event, and then I had to go see some people to take care of other things. Alex, the vice president went over with everyone what the game plan will be for the event and how we should run everything. Since not that many people showed up to the meeting today, I just spoke about the day we have as well as what we will be doing next week.

There was a bake sale being held on the campus this week. All the cookies and baked goods looked so nice and tasty. The club that was running the event had speakers outside and everyone was listening to music, enjoying the nice weather and relaxing on a small break between classes. It’s nice to see that the school can come together and create a very welcoming atmosphere.

On Thursday, in my Advertising and Promotion class we had a guest speaker. I called him Mr. Nuvim because he was the creator of the drink Nuvim as well as the person responsible for the Lipton Pepsi Cola partnership. I was surprised that our teacher was able to get him to come to speak to us since he is such a busy person. He spoke to us about the drink Nuvim which we have to do a paper on, due June 7th. I found the information he gave us very interesting because he did not only speak about the product, but different ways of marketing that he found interesting throughout his career. This information will not only be good to know in order to do my paper, but to also have something to refer back to as I start my own career.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, my name is Artiatesia and I'm from the New York City-Downtown Manhattan Campus. I also found it hard to register for classes this quarter. It seem like there are less options in the summer. I'm also very close to finishing my degree and I worry about being able to take the classes I really want, rather than settling for what is being offered. By the way you have a very nice blog. It seem like no matter what Berkeley College campus you are on, we go through similar things.