Thursday, June 21, 2007

All Done

Well, the spring quarter has officially come to an end. So far I have found out that I have an A in Abnormal Psychology and a B in Algebra. This morning I took my math exam, it was 33 multiple choice questions. I thought it was going to be a bit harder, but I handled it pretty well. When we were done with the final exam we were allowed to leave class and go home. My plan was to stay in school until my second final exam at 6pm but it didn’t work out that way. I have Bronchitis and I forgot to take one of my pills so I had to drive all the way home and come back.

I really enjoy staying around campus. Not only because it’s really pleasant and nice, but because you can always find someone to talk to. When the campus is pretty empty, there are tons of things to do around it as well. For example, all within a 5 mile radius you can go to the mall, movies, mini golfing, food shopping, and so on. Back in the day when I was not involved in any clubs, my friends and I would always go to the mall during activity period and then come back for our next class.

When I came back to school around 5pm, I decided to sell my books back. I hate selling my books. It’s depressing knowing you spent $120 on a book but you’re only getting $40 back. I learned something I did not know today though. The school is only allowed to buy back a certain amount of books back from students per quarter! I wish I would have known that earlier, then I would have sold my books back on the first day I could have. I found this out because my Abnormal Psychology book was the last one that was accepted and my Algebra book could no longer be taken back. After asking some students about this, I realized many are getting confused regarding the procedure with books being outdated. They think that their book is outdated and cannot be sold at all instead them trying to sell it again next quarter. Now I know not to procrastinate when it comes to selling my books back!

After I sold my books, I went to class about 40 min early. Luckily my professor got there at about the same time I did, and I was able to take the exam early. This exam had 42 questions and it was also multiple choice. I finished the exam in about 20 min, and I was done before the class even started. I finished just in time before the rain came, so I didn’t have to walk to my car in the rain.

This quarter has come to a happy end. I’m proud of my grades, but I think I could have put more effort into my work. I was so occupied with everything like work, substitute teaching, the International Business Club, and much more so it was hard to find time to put the extra work into my school work. In the summer I will have a lot less activities going on, so hopefully I will be able to dedicate more time to class work!

No comments: