Friday, October 10, 2008

Changes

Have you had a chance to look at the new Berkeley website and see all the changes that have been going on? I haven’t been on the Berkeley website for a while because I graduated and no longer need to log into blackboard. The other day I finally made my way to the website and I was all confused where to go! EVERYTHING is different but it’s a good different. I love the new colors they used and the way they organized everything in order to make navigation easier for the students and potential students.

When I started to explore the website I realized that Berkeley used its current students to use on the website, not models! How awesome is that the school can be proud enough of its students to use them? When I realized that I started looking through all the different pages to see where my face would end up! I saw the blogging picture every time I moved from page to page and it made me laugh every time because it was me everywhere I navigated.

Another change that I noticed is that I now have different Berkeley Blackboard access. I can no longer view things that are going on at the campus such as activities announcements, classes available, advisement, financial aid etc. All that I can view now is announcements from career services, the student self service to view my past payment history and grades, e-mail and the community tab. I was a little disappointed about this because I love seeing the activities on campus that I could possibly attend. Instead I e-mailed Ms. Young and asked her for the calendar of events. This way I can stay updated and pick which events I want to attend even though I have already graduated.

No comments: