Monday, February 16, 2009

MLK Day

With a new promotion came some excitement and a new car! Last week I went out and decided to buy myself a new car as a pat on the back for a job well done at advancing myself in my career, being a leader to others and being a positive influence to the people around me. I have done a lot of self improvement lately and I can already see the positive effects that it has on me as well as the people around me. I decided to get the car I did because I always wanted a convertible. Having the car will show me to work harder because when you work hard you can achieve the goals that you want to come true.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Speaking of dreams, there is a man that we recently celebrated his birthday. His name was Martin Luther King Junior. Martin Luther King Junior had a dream and he worked very hard to make that dream come true. He wanted everyone to be equal and wanted every person to treat everyone with respect in the United States. Sadly he did not live to see this dream come true but he impacted many lives then as well as today where we are happy to celebrate his birthday because he changed who we are today.

Martin Luther King Junior Day is a day to show support, praise others and help others in need. Berkeley College did just that. Berkeley College student went to a school in Jersey City and helped paint the school in colorful images to raise the spirits of young students. We always loved doing community service but doing community service for students and kids to make them happy is always much more meaningful. Here are some exciting pictures from the event:

No comments: