Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Graduation Around the Corner

Time flies when you are having fun! Even thought I am not doing anything out of the ordinary, enjoying life and meeting new people keep things interesting for you. Graduation is only about 2 month away and I am very excited. The final date for graduation is April 24th, which is a Friday. I already told everyone I know to take the day off and be ready for a celebration!

The other day got a letter in the mail from Berkeley that March 23rd there will be different events going on at the college for Alumni and graduates. There will be the distribution of caps and gowns, taking of graduation pictures as well as the chance to purchase nice frames for our diplomas. They have two times during the day so that people that work in the morning can attend in the evening and at night in case people work evenings. I think I will attend the evening session because I work during the day.

I recently started working a lot in Manhattan. My main office is in Paramus, but we recently opened up an office in Manhattan and its always been my dream to work in Manhattan. Our office is right on 5th and 42nd St which is only about a 10 minute walk from Port Authority. It is right across from the New York library. I can’t wait until the weather gets nicer and I can sit in Bryant park, relax and then go to work.

When I think about it, we as Berkeley students and graduates have the opportunity of a lifetime. We have campuses in NJ and NY, and we can attend both without any extra fees. People all around the world wish they could visit NYC, and we have the opportunity to live, work and study all in the biggest business city in the world. Being from another country I know how other people from other countries feel. When I talk to my friends back in Poland and tell them that I work in the city they are purely amazed by the opportunity but yet we take these things for granted. Now whenever I go into the city instead of complaining on the bus how I hate commuting I choose to that time and think of all the things I am grateful for.

No comments: