Saturday, January 9, 2010

Leaders

These past few weeks have been very positive for me. At my job we now have a new Executive Director who took charge the second she got in the door. I have to give credit to our Regional Director for making a good pick for our school and choosing the right person for the job. The lesson learned in this for me in major.
After spending a few days with Jennifer, who is the new Executive Director I have learned how important and hard it is to find the right management for companies. There are many things that have to be considered when finding the right person for the job. From what I was able to observe you have to make sure the individual matches the personality of other co workers, has great team building skills and knows how to be firm but respectful to people.

Another important thing that I have observed is how one person in an organization can change the atmosphere of the workplace. When your employees are happy, they become a lot more productive and they take pride in what it is that they do. Once we got a new leader I could see a total change in the atmosphere in the school. I feel like the educators are a lot more willing to collaborate with each other, students feel proud of their school and our image is slowly changing in the community for even better.

The best thing though is that everyone can now focus better on their job. I am very excited to get back into doing activities for students and getting more involved. Every year students have an annual competition they attend in Hersey Park where they compete nationally with other students in different hairstyling categories. If they win, they can get certain trips, money prizes and other incentives to become great cosmetologists. Due to the hefty cost of the trip we are looking to have some fundraising done for the students so that the whole trip does not have to come out of their pockets. In February we are planning on having a hair show where the students show off their skills and present a hair fashion show for the public. Our last show was very successful and I am very excited to run another one!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may commense earning with a sum that usually is spent
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'm ready to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per daily now.

[url=http://theinvestblog.com] Online investment blog[/url]

Place4Teens said...

i'm guessing you're doing internship? it's soo cool! i wanted to go through an intern myself. but i'm still a freshman. i guess i'll hve to wait til i'm a sophomore. more knowledge, i guess? :)

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.