Sunday, December 27, 2009

Holiday Season

The Holiday Season has come and gone and I hope that everyone had a wonderful week. I hope that everyone got to spend the days that are important to them with the people that they love and cherish the most. I am very fortunate to have people around me that care and love me and helped me get to this point of my life.

Sometimes I wish that we were able to have a holiday season every month of the year. It’s interesting how when this time of the year comes around people get together with family, enjoy a time together and take the time out to be grateful for what they have in their lives. We should be happy every day for what we have and the people that are around us. One thing I have to mention that I am most grateful for in my life is my education. When you think about how many people in the world don’t have a chance to go to school yet alone college you begin to realize how grateful we really are. Thank you Berkeley College for providing me with quality education that I can carry with me for the rest of my life.

This Christmas I had a lot of adventures. My family and I normally celebrate Christmas Eve for the Polish tradition of “Wigilia” which is a traditional meal where a family gets together for with specific foods. This year we ended up having Wigilia in Queens, NY and getting there was a nightmare. I had to work until 4:30 therefore by the time I got home and then drove to Queens it was 8pm. I spent a good time with my family and finally got home around midnight. The next morning at 5am we left on our journey to North Carolina to see other family members. The drive was about 10 hours and it was our first time bringing the puppies Ella and Samson with us. Lucky for us we didn’t hit any traffic along the way but we did notice that this year we had a lot more people on the road than last year. Tomorrow we are leaving bright and early at 8am and hope to get home around 5pm.

Once again, I hope that everyone had a great time this holiday season. It doesn’t matter what you celebrate as long as you are surrounded by good people and people that care about you. Be grateful for that you have and not for what you are missing because happiness does not depend on your circumstances, it’s a choice that you make.