Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Halloween is Around the Corner!

Halloween is just around the corner, and I have been on a Saw watching spree. So far I have watched Saw I, II, III and IV. Today I should see Saw V and then my life will feel complete! It seems like every year Halloween looses a little bit of its holiday feel. I remember when I was a child everyone went trick or treating with their kids! Our town used to have to set a curfew for kids to stop walking from house to house but last year it was nothing like that. We barely got any kids coming to our house or even walking around the neighborhoods.

I’m guessing since the world has gotten a little more dangerous in the past few years parents are a little more fearful for their kids. First it was the envelope powder that killed people, and then it was contaminated candy and let’s not forget all the kidnapped children that have been all over the news lately. Parents instead of sending their children trick or treating send their kids to Halloween parties with their friends that are monitored by parents. In a way I do believe that is the better alternative but it does lose a lot of the Halloween spirit.

Today is already Wednesday and the week is just floating by for me. I work 2 late days so I could accommodate the evening students and this kind of confuses my life cycle making my week go by so much quicker. On Wednesdays I go over student grades and let them know what they have to do in order to pass. Some students care, and some don’t. Some tell me they will do something about it some tell me they will do something about it and never do anything. Sometimes I feel like I am talking to a tree and sometimes I feel like I just want to bang my head over the wall because you can tell someone something 10 times and then when their dropped they come crying to you. I guess that’s just how the world goes sometimes.

No comments: