Monday, September 28, 2009

Media Everywhere

Ever notice the power of online media these days? Who would have thought that college, stores and almost anything can be ran online just a few decades ago? Today the possibilities are really endless. What is most important today that each company stays on top of its game and Berkeley is doing just that.

Ever notice all the websites that Berkeley is on? Here is just a few to give you an idea: MySpace, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Linkedin, Flickr, and Blogger! I think it’s a great idea that Berkeley stays connected to its students not only on a student level but a personal level too. I have always said that college is not only bout the education but about the experience as well. Students like to stay connected and it’s important that the college stays connected with its students.

Today I was reviewing my college statements online and seeing what I paid for my tuition. As we all know Berkeley is a large investment just like any college and then it made me wonder where did all that money go to. I pondered and it didn’t take me long to realize all the benefits that I got at Berkeley versus a typical state college. First off you will never get the small classes you get at Berkeley at a typical state college. Professors are great and they always had time for you to meet one on one. In addition to great education you had great activities too. College is what you make of it and if I didn’t participate as much as I did my memories would not have been as fond as they have been.

I am very grateful for the education I received and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I love to stay connected and see how much Berkeley is still changing today. I love getting e-mails that new career fairs are being planned out and that new events are going on for not only current students but alumni too. Stay connected online and check out all the benefits that Berkeley has to offer through many channels that Berkeley offers.

No comments: