Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Major Improvements

It’s raining, it’s poring, the old man is snoring! Today is a pretty gloomy day and I am so sleepy! I went to my Forensic Science class this morning a little late because of the traffic, but I wasn’t the only one coming in late. We got to watch a movie about serial killers. It was a little creepy, but woke me up. Following that class, I went to my Statistics class but our professor never showed up. I’m assuming that he got stuck in traffic somewhere since a lot of the roads were flooded. Least I got to skip our first test today!

Today is Wednesday, which means activity period. This week will be the first one where clubs meet. I have prepared something for our meeting which is in an hour. This is the third week of the quarter, which means we only have 7 meetings left. I’m not sure yet of what activity we will be able to run because of the small amount of people as well as lack of time. In the summer time many people take a break and we have lost some members until the fall quarter. Despite this setback, I’m sure that we will come up with something fun.

Berkeley College is doing a lot of changes this quarter. First off, remember the construction I wrote about a couple of blogs ago? Well, we’re getting a new parking lot!!! With a high increase of students at Berkeley, parking has become a bit of a problem. You usually don’t have a problem parking when you have an early class, but if you’re coming in around 10am, you have to park quite far away. The location of this parking lot will be very convenient because it’s right between all the main buildings.

New Parking Lot Construction
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Another thing I am very excited about is that Berkeley College began to recycle! They call it the Project Green Path. So far I have only seen containers in the hall ways. I hope that we get more containers to put in classrooms as well since that’s where most papers get thrown out. Even though the school cut down many trees for the parking lot, I’m glad to see they are helping the environment by recycling.

Recycle Poster
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: