Sunday, November 22, 2009

Bermuda, Bahama, Come On Pretty Mama...

I haven’t had a chance to write a blog in a while because I have been away for a few days. I have been fortune enough to take a 7 day cruise to the Bahamas, Dominican Republic and the Virgin Islands. We had beautiful weather and a great ship. The vacation could not have been any more perfect than it already was.

If you are looking to go on a vacation I would strongly recommend going on a cruise. Cruises in my opinion are worth the most for your buck. In one price you get all the food and entertainment for free and you literally have a buffet of food open for you 24/7. Not only do you have unlimited amount of food but you also have entertainment every night also for free. The time goes by slow because you are doing so many things that you don’t notice the time. At the end of the day you realize how many things you have done and surprise yourself that you fit it all in one day.

First we arrived in Samana, Dominican Republic. The country is beautiful but outside of the tourist areas it was very run down and poor. On the boat they offer island excursions but I would strongly recommend waiting once you are off the boat to do tours through the locals. Yes, it may be less reliable sometimes but you almost save 50% on all the activities off the boat. For example a tour on the boat of the island cost $69 per person but off the boat we paid $50 for 2 people. I think that the tour off the boat was a little better because we were shown around by the locals who really know and live the culture they were able to pass onto us.

The second island we stopped at is St. Thomas in the US Virgin Islands. This island was mostly for shopping and seeing around town. It was basically like Key West, Florida. Since it is owned by the USA, not much was different than Key West. We did some shopping and came back on the boat to explore and spend time in the sun by the pool.

The third island was Tortola, British Virgin Islands. On this island we took a tour with the locals of the island and the island was just beautiful. The island was mostly made out of huge mountains and a lot of palms. When we were driving though the town the roads looks very dangerous. It made things a little awkward because they drove on the opposite side of the road. In addition to that change they didn’t use any road signs like we do. If they were going to pass you on a street or turn you don’t use blinkers you just honk your horn really loud.

The last island we arrived to was a private island called Great Stirrup Cay in the Bahamas. This was by far my favorite island. The water was as clear as post cards truly show it and the water was really warm. We went snorkeling on this island because I couldn’t pass this clear water. Even though we didn’t go snorkeling deep we saw a ton of beautiful fish. I think I even saw Nemo! At the end of the trip I felt that 7 days is a perfect amount of time on a cruise. If I was to be there any longer I wouldn’t appreciate the adventure as much because you get too spoiled.

Tomorrow is back to work day! I probably have a ton of work and e-mails piled up for me so I better lift up my sleeves and get to work! It’s always good to bring your best foot forward after a vacation in a work place so people see that you can handle a large load of work.

No comments: