Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Something New

Life can sometimes become very routine. You get up in the morning, go to work, come home, eat, watch TV, sleep and the same thing happens in the next day and the day after. Even though it may not be so straight cut, sometimes we can get bored of our lives and have a need for something new. That something new could be the smallest change but it can give us a whole new outlook on life.

That’s how I have been feeling for the past few months. My life has become very routine and nothing really changed. After a while of feeling like this you get really bored with yourself and always feel like there is something missing in your life. I didn’t want to feel like this anymore so I did something about it! I got TWO baby Maltichon puppies!

I have wanted a small puppy for a while. Every time I thought about getting it there was always some sort of a BUT. If you think about it every time you want to do something in life there will be some sort of a BUT. Sometimes you need to just go out on a whim and do it. At first I thought to myself OMG what did I get myself into? How am I going to care for these two little faces? Am I going to have enough time to spend with them? The list goes on with the doubts I was having afterwards.

As time went on, the little rascals grew on me. Everything fell into place and we all adjusted to our new lifestyle. They are very cute and fluffy. I ended up getting two because they were brother and sister and I wanted them to keep each other company when I was not around. The girl is named Ella and the boy is named Samson. Samson is a very mellow sleepy little guy and Ella is the little firecracker. Weighing at only 2lb, she is more hyper than any other dog I have ever met in my life. They really bring something new to my life. The laughs that I experience with them were worth every penny and I would not trade it in for the world.

I believe that sometimes you need to make yourself uncomfortable to find motivation in doing things. I was very comfortable at my job and I was slowly losing my motivation because everything became such a routine. Getting the puppies gave me something to work towards so I could feed them and take care of them. It’s almost like having a small child, you can just leave these puppies home alone for a short period of time!

No comments: